- The New England Claim Association (NECA) was organized in 1927 for the purpose of promoting goodwill, harmony, confidence and cooperation amongst the insurance claims industry. The purpose of this organization is to promote continued education and to endorse standard claim practices to benefit Insurance company’s customers.
- Today, the NECA provides opportunities for professional development. We recognize the need to evolve and change as we strive to provide members with learning opportunities relative to the claims industry. Some meetings or workshops may also qualify for continuing education units!
- Association meetings are held during the year from October to June, and include participation in round table discussions regarding claims or investigation issues, workshops, and presentations with expert speakers.
- Today, the membership roster includes individuals from insurance and support services companies. Each year, members are provided with an Annual Membership Listing, which contains each person’s name, specialty, and company name. This listing is an asset to any member seeking claims advice for a particular specialty and promotes professional relationships with others in the same field.
- Professionals in the claims industry of any life, accident or health companies are eligible to join. These include all individuals that provide support to the insurance claims industry, or any members of an investigation company operating on behalf of the insurance claim company. The NECA recognizes that its diverse membership enables it to address a broad range of issues including those relevant to the day to day operation of claims.
- The NECA is a committed organization in providing a professional forum for claim members to learn and share ideas and common concerns.
Learn more about NECA Membership